The entrepreneurial boom has changed the face of business. Today, there are close to 25 million privately held businesses in the United States alone. As this movement continues to surge forward, VR Business Sales and VR Mergers & Acquisitions remain at the forefront with Valued Representation. Everyday, more and more business buyers and sellers demand our proven skills and resources to help them succeed in an increasingly complex market.
VR has sold more businesses in the world than anyone. We offer professional services specifically tailored to your business in order to find you the right buyer. From business brokerage to mergers and acquisitions; we are the business sale specialists who can help you.
We provide the knowledge, expertise and passion to assist our clients in the sale of their business or the merger or acquisition of a potential partner. Our approach creates new opportunities for your business, can help you avoid costly mistakes and maximizes the true value of your business.
Is It Time to Sell?
If you are thinking of selling your business, you no doubt have many questions. We have the experience and objectivity to answer them and to work with you throughout the process to make each transaction as smooth and seamless as possible right through closing.
Sell a Business
Ready to Own a Business?
No doubt you have a lot of questions. VR has the experience and objectivity to answer all your questions; match your needs, abilities, resources and interests with just the right business; and work with you through the entire process, right up to the seller handing you the keys to the business.
Buy a Business
Protect your investment with VR Business Brokers of Dallas!
Since our inception, we have excelled in getting deals done! Contact us, (214) 733-8282, and you will understand what makes us the best company to handle any business sale.
5 Powerful Reasons To Choose Us:
- We Maintain STRICT CONFIDENTIALITY to Protect Your Interest.
- Our EXPERIENCE AND PROVEN ABILITY Ensures a Fast and Seamless Transaction.
- You Can TRUST Our Professional Staff to Meet the Highest Ethical Standards
- MAXIMUM EXPOSURE of Your Business through the Largest Business Broker Network.
- We Provide You FAST RESULTS and MAXIMUM FINANCIAL BENEFIT
Call Today (214) 733-8282 to Discuss Selling Your Business.
❖ Valuations ❖ Business Sales ❖ Mergers ❖ Acquisitions ❖ Financing ❖
Let our network work for you!
Your best guide for buying or selling a business isn’t words on paper – it’s the competent presence of a business broker. A business broker provides vital services for both buyers and sellers and acts as the “glue” for holding together the pieces of the business sale process. With our established relationships and global online reach in multiple places – we have unsurpassed access to buyers nationwide and the world over.
Our Meeting Could Be the Most Profitable Hour of Your Life.
Many business owners who are considering the sale of their business wrestle with the idea of hiring a broker to market the business for sale. If you decide to hire an experienced agent, you will need to stay involved – a business broker should be viewed as a member of your team along with your attorney, accountant, mentor and financial advisor.
Our Services for Business Sellers include:
- Expert Advice
- Business Valuation
- Advertising & Networking
- Buyer Screening & Qualification
- Introduction & Follow-Up
- Management through Closing
By using a business broker to sell your business, you have the time to do what you do best — continue to run your business well so it maintains its value during the sales process.
Ready to get started? It all starts with a call right here to VR Business Brokers of Dallas at (214) 733-8282.
Selling in the future?
If you want to sell for maximum profit you will need to learn about the process and begin planning an exit strategy now.
What is your business really worth? W. Edward Deming said, “In God We Trust, everybody else bring data.”
Is it the right time to sell? Selling for maximum profit is a process. Is your business ready to be sold? Would it be better to wait, or prepare more?
The Most Important Question
Whether you’re buying or selling a business, there is only one question you must answer in the process – Is this right for me? VR Business Brokers of Dallas has the tools, resources and network to get the deal that best suits your goals. Contact us – (214) 733-8282 – to learn more.
Excerpt From Winston Intermediaries White Paper
You’ve worked hard… You have earned it, now the culmination of years of effort is ready to pay off.
The process of selling your business for maximum profit is a proven formula, not just another transaction like selling a house. Proper set-up, documentation, presentation, and execution all need to flow with precision to achieve the highest possible selling price and intelligent transition into life after the sale. The following steps are a preliminary guideline to help you to better understand the process of selling your business.
Steps to consider prior to placing your business on the market:
Proper valuation of your business will be quickened and enhanced with your ability to provide accurate records of EBITDA and position the assets of your business to be viewed in the most favorable light. This is where a Business Broker can help create the beginning of a profitable, efficient transaction. Financial and estate planning to ensure the proceeds of the sale will be aligned to your advantage, not the governments.
The entity that buys your business will have a team on their side; do you have a winning team on your side? The process of selling your business may require Tax Attorneys, CPA’s, and a Business Brokerage Firm with your interests in mind. Our job is to help you create that winning team.
The Process of Selling:
- Put together your winning team, each member focused on your goal of achieving a successful transaction.
- Create a valuation for your business encompassing Multiple of Earnings Value, Asset Value, and Comparable Value, to arrive at a documented sale price, sure to hold up under the upcoming scrutiny of a buyer.
- Take your business to market with a decisive marketing plan that utilizes every possible tool to gain rapid visibility to the greatest number of qualified buyers.
- Be prepared for a rigorous Due Diligence Audit from the most serious buyer, prior to closing of documents and completion of sale. All the preliminary work you and your Broker have done will pay off here.
- Closing of the sale and your transition to your new life. Your goal has been successfully achieved. Your transaction can close in weeks thanks to proper preparation or may take months depending on the buyer and terms you agree upon. You may be asked to remain in an advisory role for a set time period and probably will be asked to sign a non-compete clause. Thanks to your winning team your proceeds from the sale are placed in the most advantageous position for you and your new life begins.
You have worked hard, you have earned it, consider us your winning team. With our experience in the industry and our dedication to your goal, together we can make this transaction the most profitable experience of your life.
Proper Valuation of Your Business
Steps to consider prior to placing your business on the market:
The most frequently asked questions in the Business Sales and Merger and Acquisitions Industry are:
- How sellable is my business, given my circumstances?
- How can I achieve the maximum selling price?
- What is the true and accurate value of my business?
- What terms will I have to consider and how do they affect my asking price?
I would like to address the subject of valuation so you can be better prepared as your time to sell draws near. Although there are multiple methods to determine worth, there are three popular methods used to determine a selling price.
Let’s look at the three individually and remember that the final asking price will weigh all three of these and factors from several other methods.
- Capitalization of Earnings – Shows a business’s future profitability, accounting for cash flow, annual ROI, and expected value. This method extends calculations for a single period into the future.
- Market Based Comparison – Calculates company’s value based on the purchases and sales of comparable companies within the same industry.
- Asset Valuation – Calculates the net value of a business’s assets, both tangible and intangible, minus the value of its liabilities.
These three methods along with various other tools will be used to set a value that you can be pleased with.
No matter where you are in your business’s life-cycle, it’s helpful for small business owners to know the worth of their company. Enlist help from VR Business Brokers of Dallas to determine your business’s valuation and tackle some of the many challenges of owning a small business.
There are a variety of options when it comes to an exit strategy, depending on the size of your business and your desires regarding future participation in the business. Please see below a quick summary of the benefits of the more common options that one may wish to consider.
1. Merging with another company
a) The merged company should be able to benefit from economies of scale between the two organizations that would result in greater profitability.
b) This is an ideal way to quickly capture much greater market share.
c) Merging with another company may also provide a way to diversify offerings.
d) A merger may be a way to bring complimentary skills together making for a stronger overall employee base.
2. Strategic Acquisition by another company
a) This may the best way for a seller to fully exit business in the event the company is too large for the average individual buyer.
b) May offer employees additional opportunity for growth.
c) This approach may offer the seller a future opportunity to stay on with the company after having cashed out from the sale. Perhaps the Seller wants to reduce the burden of ownership but isn’t ready to fully exit the business.
d) There may be tax advantages when it comes to stock exchanges.
3. Private Equity
a) This option often offers sellers the best of both worlds – take “chips off the table” and also have future upside earnings if only selling a percentage of the business.
b) Capital can be provided for growth plans.
c) The Seller’s Management team may be an integral part of the future of the company.
d) Most private equity firms have specific criteria for the size of companies they desire to acquire.
4. Outright Sale to 3rd Party individual
a) This may be the best viable option depending on the size of your company.
b) This option typically provides the Seller with the cleanest and quickest “exit” from the business.
VR Business Brokers will be happy to meet with you and discuss these various options to help you assess the most viable for your circumstances.